Sunday, April 27, 2008

please don't tell my secrets, keep them hidden

I have been trying to get some games off my plate lately. There is a theory that if I play more games I will understand them better, but I am not so sure. Anyway, here is what I have played since Bioshock came out in August:

Bioshock
Stranglehold
Halo 3
Rockband
Guitar Hero 3
Hellgate London
Stubbs the Zombie
Metroid Prime 3
The Awakening
Secret Files: Tunguska
World of Warcraft
Galleon
Outcast
Call of Duty 4
No More Heroes
Mass Effect
Jack Keane
Portal
Half-Life Ep 2
The Experiment
Titan Quest
Daikatana
Super Mario Galaxy
Zack and Wiki
Dark Messiah of Might and Magic
Sam and Max Episodes Season 2

Added:
Samurai Western
Morrowind

Oh shit. I really didn't think it was going to be that long when I started listing them out like that. I feel like I have so many more to play and that I make no progress toward the gaming equilivent of "well read", but now I almost feel like I should go get a life or something. I mean, I left off things I only played for 4 hours or so (unless it was Portal, which was short but I beat it...) and there are none of the old adventure games I played again since I am not going to learn anything new revisiting them. The sad thing is I really had to think to come up with this list, because out of all of those, the games I have some connection with are as follows:

Bioshock
Mass Effect
Call of Duty 4
Halo 3
Rock Band
Guitar Hero 3
No More Heroes
Portal
Daikatana
Sam and Max Episodes Season 2

Really, Daikatana doesn't count, but I did play it a lot in the fall and had fun. Also Guitar Hero 3 is lost to me now because of Rock Band, but in that month before Rock Band came out, I played it about every day. It scares me how mainstream this list is, it almost reads like a game of the year list from IGN. I guess No More Heroes is a bit odd, but not really, it is generally considered one of the best games on Wii. The truth here is that if someone had created another Dreamfall it would be topping this list, but the closest we got last year was Portal. OH! I just added Sam and Max Season 2. I feel a bit better about the list now. Maybe Mass Effect is the closest to a Dreamfall, that is probably my favorite thing here on this list. Ill shut up now, this is all a mess.

2 comments:

Red said...

God, if you don't count games I've played less than four hours My list since last August is:

Twilight Princess
Super Mario Galaxy (I beat a mario game!)
Wii Tennis
Portal
Texas Hold 'em?

I'm not sure I made it to four hours on Half Life 2.

I also liked the Bio Shock demo, but I'm so terrible at shooters that they get frustrating fast. I'd really like to watch someone play that, though.

Seth said...

Yeah bioshock is pretty good, even on 360. Also,you have a job and other important things.

Also I just realized I missed several games. Damn it!